This week I did something a little different. I got some ice cream cupcakes.
I got them from Maggiemoos, in the University area. Oddly enough, Maggiemoos seems to be the same company as Marble Slab.
They didn’t have a lot of selection to choose from, but I got the Cookies and Cream four-pack.
At first bite, there was almost a mint taste to the cupcakes – something I liked.
After the mint taste disappears, the whipped cream (kind of a less fluffy version of Cool Whip) takes over.
Then comes the Maggiemoos ice cream, which reminds me of a delicious dish from Dairy Queen. It’s very plain, but very good too.
Finally it’s a firm portion of chocolate cupcake that finishes off the taste.
As if the combination of cupcake, ice cream and whipped topping wasn’t good enough, there’s a soft Oreo cookie on top, along with a few cookie crumbles.
The cupcake was amazing because there are so many different flavors to it. In each bite you literally get a mouthful of different flavors.
None of the flavors are exceptionally tasty, but when they’re all added together, one really can’t complain.
Find a Maggiemoos location near you
The positives: Ice cream and cupcake is always a winning combination.
The negatives: not too much to complain about on this one. The tastes could have been a little better, but with so many flavors and textures, it didn't much matter.
Cost: $8.95 for four of them isn't too bad. It's roughly $2.23 per cupcake, which isn't too bad.
• Charlotte Cupcakes: Kai's Kookies and More
• Charlotte Cupcakes: Two On Earth Bakery
• Charlotte Cupcakes: FuManChu Cupcakes
• Charlotte Cupcakes - The Bakery Shoppe
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Jewell Treats
• Charlotte Cupcakes - SweetCakes
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Just Baked Cupcakes
• Charlotte Cupcakes - La Bree's cupcakes
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Bake Me A Cake
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Tizzerts
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Suarez Bakery
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Cupcake Delirium
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Sunflour Bakery
• Charlotte Cupcakes – Kimberley’s Bakeshoppe Gourmet Cupcakes
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Nona's Sweets