Sunday, February 3, 2013

J.J. Abrams to direct new Star Wars film

J.J. Abrams is about to go from Star Trek to Star Wars.

"Yes, J.J. Abrams will direct Star Wars: Episode VII, the first of a new series of Star Wars films to come from Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy," was written in a statement published on StarWars.com.

While I'm not a mega-fan of his work like some are, I thoroughly enjoyed the 2009 Star Trek movie. If Abrams can bring that kind of work to the Star Wars films, it'll only mean good things.

I've been in a sci-fi kind of mood recently, as I just watched Star Trek: The Motion Picture and Star Wars: Episode II.

Both movies left a lot to be desired, so I'm all for Abrams taking a shot at re-creating Star Wars (even if it doesn't need to be revived).

Related Content:
Star Wars: Episode II - reviewed.
Star Trek: The Motion Picture - reviewed.


No comments:

Post a Comment