Sunday, October 2, 2016

Pumpkin Spice isn't the only good flavor out this fall

I'm a huge fan of Pumpkin Spice (pretty much anything that comes in that flavor).

There are dozens of products of the Pumpkin Spice variety that are available right now. However, Pumpkin Spice isn't the only delicious flavor available this Fall.

Deep Fried Twinkies

These are amazing. If you haven't tried them yet -- they're everything you'd imagine they'd be. They taste like Twinkies that were deep fried.

The same delicious, golden outer covering. The same delicious creamy inside. This time, they're warm though. I microwaved them rather than using the oven because -- well -- who has time for the oven, right?

I did run into the issue of the inside warming up much quicker than the outside. However, I ended up liking it that way. I wasn't sure if the deep fried tag was just a gimmick or if it would actually taste different. It's not just a regular Twinkie. It's a deep fried Twinkie. The taste is definitely there.

I would suggest partnering this hot, little treat with a big glass of cold milk. Because it's deep fried, you need a little something to wash this version of the Twinkie down with.


Vanilla Chai Tea

I was bummed for a couple of weeks because Target seemed to have been out of stock of the Bolthouse Farms Salted Caramel Latte flavor as well as the Mocha Cappuccino flavor.

I'm not sure if those flavors are discontinued or if there was just a backup on the ordering. I didn't find a Mocha Cappuccino this week, so maybe it's the later.

Either way, I had to test out a new flavor in the absence of my two reliables.

That new flavor was this Vanilla Chai Tea. I'm not a fan of tea. I haven't ever had a cup of tea that I enjoyed. In fact, I don't think I've ever finished a full cup of tea. Because of that, I was a little skeptical as to how my new taste adventure was going to turn out.

Well, it just so happened that this was more like a big slice of pumpkin pie with some whipped cream on top than any cup of tea I'd ever had. Maybe a watery piece of pumpkin pie topped with whipped cream. That makes it sound nasty, huh?

It's really quite good. The spices in the drink are sweet, but tasty. It's not quite a milkshake, but darn close!



Yogurt Covered Pretzel Bites

I just found these last weekend. I'm not sure if they're new or not, but they're new to me. I haven't run across them at the grocery stores yet, but they are available at Staples. I was there to get paper and ended up finding a bag of these. Now, I'll have to be on the hunt for them at the grocery stores.

As you can see by the label, these are Richland Orchards pretzel bites, covered in greek yogurt. I wasn't sure if these would be more salty than sweet, but, just like the package says, they are 'crunchy, sweet, delicious.'

They're almost a little too sweet, especially if you grab a handful of them and throw them in your mouth. These are best consumed one at a time. Just like the Sweet and Salty Bugles (also really good, if you've never tried those!), there is a great combination of flavors here. I'd been eating some Dove chocolate covered berries lately, but these are a new favorite.


Related Content:
R.I.P. to the Apple Grande
Red Lobster biscuits -- in a box!
Oscar Mayer's Bacon Hot Dogs - reviewed.


No comments:

Post a Comment