Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmastown USA - experienced.



McAdenville's annual Christmastown USA is up and running again this year. The Charlotte area Christmas light extravaganza started Monday and is worth checking out, especially if you haven't seen it before.


I went last year for the first time and it was a very cool experience.

I drove in heading west on I-85 to exit 22. That was extremely crowded, so I continued on I-85 to exit 21. I took Cox Road to Franklin Blvd/Andrew Jackson Highway/74 and then took the back way in. That seemed to work much better.

There weren't any designated parking spots that I found. It's more of a 'take what you can get' kind of thing. If you find a spot on a residential side road, take it.

Town officials do remind visitors not to block railroad crossings or prevent the flow of traffic though.

There isn't necessarily a route people follow. You basically follow the lights. Follow the cars and follow the lights.


There were some nice houses lit up when I went, but my favorite display was the Santa Claus near the large pond. It was pretty impressive.

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking I may go on foot this year. That way I won't have to keep one eye on the road and one eye on the decorations. Yep, I may have to get a large hot chocolate and take a walk.

I'll have to hurry though. The display ends after Dec. 26, so there are just a few days left. If you're in the area, go check it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment