Sunday, September 1, 2013

Charlotte Cupcakes - Sweet Lorraine's Bakery

This Sunday I tried Sweet Lorraine’s cupcakes. Sweet Lorraine's is a cupcake shop on East Blvd. in Charlotte.

First things first though. Don't judge the cupcakes by their somewhat sloppy appearance!

They looked much nicer before spending three hours sitting in my car on a 90 degree day. For what they went through, they held up pretty well actually.




German Chocolate Cupcake

This was a delicious chocolate cupcake with equally delicious frosting!

I don’t normally like coconut or nuts on my cupcakes, but I ventured out of my cupcake comfort zone and ate it anyway.

It was a very good cupcake. The great frosting and chocolate flavor of the cupcake made up for the unnecessary toppings.

The coconut didn't taste bad, but I'm just not a fan.

I don't think I ever will be.

I left a good portion of the coconut on my plate and then ate the rest of the cupcake.



Red Velvet Cupcake

The cream cheese frosting was amazing! It reminded me of the kind my mom used to make.

The frosting started off with a strong cream cheese flavor, but ended on a sweet note with a sugary taste.

The cupcake was moist and the melted frosting actually added nicely to it.

There are good red velvet cupcakes and bad ones. The good ones combine the red velvet cake flavor with a great cream cheese taste. This cupcake was a good one.

The chocolate chips on the top were nice touch that added a nice, chocolatey flavor to the mix.



The Elvis Cupcake

Combining a few of Elvis' favorite flavors, 'The Elvis' is a banana-flavored cupcake with chocolate inside and a banana chip on top.

Just like the German Chocolate Cupcake, The Elvis had a very rich chocolate taste, thanks to the chocolate filling.

At first I didn’t like the banana flavor. It was almost too much. I’m kind of picky when it comes to bananas. I like the actual fruit. I like most versions of banana bread. Cupcakes and muffins, however, is usually where I draw the line.

After the chocolate frosting and the peanut butter center came into play, however, the cupcake got better.

I kind of want to go get a few banana chips



Sweet Lorraine's Bakery
220 East Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28203
Phone: 704-332-5222


The positives: all three cupcakes were flavorful, but the cream cheese frosting on the Red Velvet Cupcake won me over

The negatives: some cupcakes just don't need extra toppings. The German Chocolate Cupcake was definitely one of them.

The cost: these cupcakes were all under $3



Related Content:
Charlotte Cupcakes - Maddy's Fatty's
Charlotte Cupcakes - Splat! Cakes n Such
Charlotte Cupcakes - Berry's Bakery
Charlotte Cupcakes - Polka Dot Bake Shop
Charlotte Cupcakes - Wow Factor Cakes
Charlotte Cupcakes - Cupcrazed
Charlotte Cupcakes - SAS Cupcakes
Charlotte Cupcakes - Decadent Designs Bakery
Charlotte Cupcakes - It's a Piece of Cake
Charlotte Cupcakes - Black Velvet Patisserie
Charlotte Cupcakes - Maggiemoos
Charlotte Cupcakes: Kai's Kookies and More
Charlotte Cupcakes: Two On Earth Bakery
Charlotte Cupcakes: FuManChu Cupcakes
Charlotte Cupcakes - The Bakery Shoppe
Charlotte Cupcakes - Jewell Treats
Charlotte Cupcakes - SweetCakes
Charlotte Cupcakes - Just Baked Cupcakes
Charlotte Cupcakes - La Bree's cupcakes
Charlotte Cupcakes - Bake Me A Cake
Charlotte Cupcakes - Tizzerts
Charlotte Cupcakes - Suarez Bakery
Charlotte Cupcakes - Cupcake Delirium
Charlotte Cupcakes - Sunflour Bakery
Charlotte Cupcakes – Kimberley’s Bakeshoppe Gourmet Cupcakes
Charlotte Cupcakes - Nona's Sweets

No comments:

Post a Comment