Saturday, April 20, 2013

Celebrity (look-a-like) sightings

I was on vacation last week and for a change I thankfully (or maybe not?) had Netflix access.

I was addicted to it for most of the last week, watching Greedy (not Michael Fox's best film), Pretty Ugly People (which got a deserving low score of 33% on Rotten Tomatoes), and Hart of Dixie (a review of that show to come at a later date...).

While watching Hart of Dixie I couldn't help but notice a couple of instances of celebrity look-a-likes.

On the left: Jaime King
On the right: Emma Stone

First there’s Jaime King, who plays Lemon Breeland, a southern belle from a small town. For most of the first episode of the hour-long drama, I was convinced that Lemon Breeland was played by Emma Stone.

If Emma hadn’t dyed her hair and played Gwen Stacy in The Amazing Spider-Man, I wouldn’t have given it a second though. After seeing Stone in her blonde hair, however, she really could be King’s sister.

It's all in the dimples with these two. I think that's what makes them look the same.


On the left: Wilson Bethel
On the right: Edge (Adam Copeland)

Then there's Wilson Bethel. He plays Wade Kinsella on the show. As a long-time watcher of WWE, I noticed immediately that he looks like the younger brother of retired WWE wrestler Edge (real name Adam Copeland).

Edge is more muscular, being a wrestler, but their faces look so similar it's easy to overlook that.

It's something about the somewhat beady eyes and the shape of the head I think -- very distinctive looking. I think Edge's chin is bigger, but they have the same general shape there too.

On the left: Wilson Bethel
On the right: The Miz (Mike Mizanin)

Of course, Wilson Bethel also looks like The Miz, also from WWE. Wilson is slimmer than Miz, but if Miz didn't gel his hair up and then dropped a few pounds, they could pass for the same person.

People have compared Miz to Kermit The Frog, so I guess that means Wilson looks a little froggy too.

If it were somehow possible to combine Edge's DNA with Miz's DNA, then Wilson Bethel would be the result.


There's a few other non-Hart of Dixie celebrity look-a-likes that I've noticed as well:


On the left: Taryn Terrell
On the right: Kaley Cuoco

Another wrestler-celebrity look-a-like here. Taryn Terrell (a former referee and now a wrestler for Impact Wrestling) always reminds me of Kaley Cuoco, better known as "Penny" from The Big Bang Theory.

They've got the same hair, same body build, and the same facial features. Taryn is Kaley's doppelganger for sure.

Impact Wrestling was smart to sign Taryn. She's got a very similar look to an actress on one of TV's most popular shows. Why wouldn't they want a wrestling version of that?


On the left: Billy Burke
On the right: Billy Campbell

Not twins by any means, but while I was watching the last Twilight movie (not as bad as I thought actually...may be a review to come on that one too), I kept trying to figure out where I'd seen Bella's dad before. Turns out his real name is Billy Burke. I finally figured out who I thought he was.

I thought he was Billy Campbell, the awesome bad guy from Enough (one of the few good Jennifer Lopez movies that exists). Just like with Bethel and Edge, it's mostly the eyes that make these two look somewhat the same to me.



On the left: Jeffrey Dean Morgan
On the right: Javier Bardem

This one isn't a recent discovery, but these two guys really do look exactly alike. I think someone's parents have a secret or two. There may be a milkman involved. Unless you're a big fan of these two, you probably can't even tell who is who.

For the longest time I thought it was the same guy.

I’d seen Morgan in P.S. I Love You, Watchmen, Grey’s Anatomy and The Resident.

I’d seen Bardem in Vicky Christina Barcelona.

I figured they were the same person, but, at some point, realized they were actually two entirely different people.

It really is astonishing how much these two resemble each other.




On the left: Josh Duhamel
On the right: Timothy Olymphant

I used to think that Josh Duhamel, of Transformers fame, looked like a twin brother of Timothy Olyphant, another famous actor. However, now that I look at them, I don't see the same similarities I used to.

Maybe one of them had some work done or something. They still look alike, but for some reason I just don't see it anymore.

I guess I still see it, but not nearly as much as I used to. Timothy's eyes aren't as narrow it seems.



Related Content:
The 10 Friendliest and Meanest Aliens
8 picks to play Wonder Woman
12 celebs to follow on Twitter in 2013



1 comment:

  1. Younger brother/son..?

    https://www.fanpop.com/clubs/wilson-bethel/images/43851368/title/lookalike-photo?card

    ReplyDelete