Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Charlotte Cupcakes - Cupcrazed

As far as I know, Cupcrazed, out of Fort Mill, SC, is the only cupcake shop in the Charlotte area that was once featured on Food Network's Cupcake Wars and Cupcake Champions.

They had a Sunday special that they'd posted on their Facebook page, so I made the trip and got some. With several interesting flavors to choose from, I couldn't pick just one or two. I had to get four cupcakes.


Blueberry Pancake

This cupcake was the reason I went to Cuprazed in the first place. I saw a photo of it on their Facebook page and my jaw dropped. I'm pretty sure I let out a few comments of disbelief at my the phone I was looking at the Cupcrazed Facebook page on.

Blueberry pancake as a flavor of a cupcake??! I had to try it first. Wow! It really did taste just like blueberry pancakes.

There was almost a taste of blueberry muffin in the cupcake too. It tasted incredible! The blueberry syrup on top was the perfect accent to the cupcake and the frosting.

The funny thing is that I don't usually order pancakes with blueberry syrup.

I'm a maple man all the way. However, the homemade blueberry syrup that Cupcrazed drizzled on this cupcake was incredible!


After eating this cupcake I was hungry for another, if not a short stack of pancakes and blueberry syrup.



Maple Bacon

Okay. After a little venturing into the uncharted territory of the blueberry cupcake, I figured I'd go with a surefire awesome cupcake. Back to the safety net of maple bacon.

It didn't disappoint. It was very tasty. Between the cupcake, the maple frosting and the bacon on top, the cupcake was like a mouthful of breakfast in every bite.

The bacon was salty, but it wasn't very crisp. It could've been cooked a little more in all honesty.

The frosting tasted great! I don't know if they used real maple syrup in making the frosting, but it tasted like it.

The cupcake crumbled a little bit, so this one wasn't the cleanest treat. It's a little messy, but it tastes delicious, so it's well worth the mess it makes.



White Chocolate/Chocolate

This cupcake was made of chocolate on the bottom, topped with white chocolate frosting. Let me tell you: that was some chocolate! They used some very rich chocolate in that cupcake.

It definitely leaves a taste in your mouth after it’s gone. Of the four cupcakes I tried, it was probably my least favorite. I do like chocolate, but I'm not crazy about it the way some people are.

I can do chocolate in milk shakes, in a Hershey’s candy bar, in a brownie and sometimes in a cupcake. This cupcake didn't overwhelm me, but it's not a bad choice at all if you’re a fan of chocolate.

The white chocolate topping was a nice touch though.



Cinnamon

Ever since I could remember, Cinnamon Toast Crunch was my favorite cereal. I never turned down a Snickerdoodle cookie. I sprinkle cinnamon in my oatmeal on a regular basis.

When I found out that Cupcrazed had a cinnamon-flavored cupcake, I was more than eager to try it.

It didn't disappoint either. It was amazing! It didn't taste like a a cinnamon roll. It was more like a Snickerdoodle cookie you'd find at Grandma's house during Christmas -- with some frosting on top.

The mini-cinnamon roll on top was a nice touch. It wasn't needed, but it looked cool. I ate half of it, put it in the fridge and had the other half the next day. I microwaved it --- for about 15 seconds I think -- and it was just as good as the day before.

Actually, it may have been better. The frosting was still a little cold, so it tasted almost like ice cream. Meanwhile the rest of the cupcake was warm. Warm cake and ice cream with a cinnamon flavor? Can't get much better than that.


The positives: some really unique flavors and great tasting cupcakes.

The negatives: not many negatives on this one. It is in Fort Mill, so if you're in North Charlotte, Huntersville, or Cabarrus or Rowan County, it may be a bit of a drive.

Cost: I got a deal when I bought them because it was on the weekend, towards the end of the day. I'm not sure what their typical price is. Unfortunately, I forgot to look.



Cupcrazed
936 Market St #103 Fort Mill, SC 29708
Phone: (803) 396-7372


Related Content:
Charlotte Cupcakes - SAS Cupcakes
Charlotte Cupcakes - Decadent Designs Bakery
Charlotte Cupcakes - It's a Piece of Cake
Charlotte Cupcakes - Black Velvet Patisserie
Charlotte Cupcakes - Maggiemoos
Charlotte Cupcakes: Kai's Kookies and More
Charlotte Cupcakes: Two On Earth Bakery
Charlotte Cupcakes: FuManChu Cupcakes
Charlotte Cupcakes - The Bakery Shoppe
Charlotte Cupcakes - Jewell Treats
Charlotte Cupcakes - SweetCakes
Charlotte Cupcakes - Just Baked Cupcakes
Charlotte Cupcakes - La Bree's cupcakes
Charlotte Cupcakes - Bake Me A Cake
Charlotte Cupcakes - Tizzerts
Charlotte Cupcakes - Suarez Bakery
Charlotte Cupcakes - Cupcake Delirium
Charlotte Cupcakes - Sunflour Bakery
Charlotte Cupcakes – Kimberley’s Bakeshoppe Gourmet Cupcakes
Charlotte Cupcakes - Nona's Sweets


No comments:

Post a Comment