Thursday, December 26, 2013

The best super hero movie of 2013

At the end of 2012 I blogged about the 6 movies I was most excited to see in 2013.

G.I Joe: Retaliation, Man of Steel, The Wolverine, Thor, Iron Man 3 and Star Trek: Into Darkness all made the cut.

I saw all of those movies several times this year -- G.I. Joe once in the theatre and twice on DVD, Star Trek in the theatre three times and once on DVD, Iron Man in the theatre twice, The Wolverine in the theatre twice and Thor in the theatre twice.

After carefully going over all of the evidence, I have to say that Star Trek kicked the ass of all others. It was definitely the best of the bunch.

Thor 2 comes in next -- being almost as good. Jane slapping Thor wasn't needed, despite the fact that Natalie Portman said it was satisfying. She told E! Online: "I found it very satisfying. I think it’s behalf of all my girlfriends who had guys that didn’t call them back or disappeared or just fell off the face of the earth."

Man of Steel came in next. Although it had some problems (click to read about them...though it may make you like the movie less). Still, it was a good movie. It can only get better from there, especially if the sequel has Batman and Wonder Woman involved and leads to a Justice League movie.

Iron Man 3 was good for a third movie in the trilogy, but Guy Pearce and the whole concept of being able to breathe fire brought it down.

The Wolverine and G.I. Joe 2 were both good. G.I. Joe was better than I thought it would have been.

The action scenes (especially the sword fight on the side of the mountain) were awesome!

The Wolverine was worse than I thought it would have been. The sequence on top of the train was great, but the scene at the end with the ninjas shooting arrows? I thought it could have been much more powerful. Add some music to that sucker to make it powerful!


Related Content:
Movies to watch out for in 2013
Wonder Woman FINALLY gets an actress

No comments:

Post a Comment