Skip to main content

Charlotte Cupcakes – Pat-a-Cakes Bakery

As the search for Charlotte's best cupcake winds down, it's time to take a look at another candidate. This time I went to Pat-A-Cakes Bakery in Rock Hill, South Carolina. It's a nice little bakery that has Tuesday price specials, so make sure to stop by on a Tuesday.

Samoan Cupcake

I typically don’t like coconut, so this cupcake had me a little nervous. For whatever reason I do like Samoas though. I figured I’d give this cupcake a shot, but I didn’t have very high expectations for it. There was a giant glob of coconut on top.

The woman who helped me told me it tasted like the cookie. I was skeptical, but without good reason. She was right. This Samoa cupcake does taste like the Samoa cookie.

This giant glob of coconut doesn’t make the cupcake taste like your typical coconut-covered baked good.

The caramel they mixed with it helped create an authentic Samoa taste. That cupcake didn't last too long.




Sweet Potato Pie

I had a tasty Sweet Potato Cupcake a couple of weeks ago at Bow Tie Bakery. I gave that one four cupcake stars.

This one got just as many. It was delicious.

The light, fluffy frosting worked perfectly with the Sweet Potato Pie cupcake.

The combination of cupcake and fluffy frosting reminded me a lot of my mom’s pumpkin pie with whipped cream. You can't hardly go wrong with a cupcake that tastes similar to Mom's pumpkin pie.

I did pick the nuts off the top of the cupcake, but there weren't too many to get rid of.


Oreo Cupcake

The Oreo cupcake was my least favorite. It wasn’t bad by any means. After all, with buttermilk frosting, chocolate syrup and an Oreo cookie on top of a vanilla cupcake, how bad could it be?

The cupcake lacked that certain something to put it over the top though. The flavors didn’t leave me savoring each bite and licking the fork when I was done.

The frosting (the same as the Sweet Potato Pie cupcake) didn't work too well on this one. Maybe a more traditional buttercream or a plain old vanilla would have been better.

Like Meatloaf said, though, two out of three ain’t bad.


The positives: three different flavors and three tasty cupcakes

The negatives: the Oreo cupcake wasn’t as good as the other two, so I guess that’s the only negative

The price: $7.50 for three cupcakes (with a Tuesday discount)


Related Content:
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Big View Diner
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Savannah's Bakery
• Charlotte Cupcakes - The Sweet Life
• Charlotte Cupcakes - DOUGH Bakery
• Charlotte Cupcakes – BW Sweets Bakery
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Cake Makin' Sisters
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Granny Mac's Bake Shop
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Daphne’s Bakery
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Earth Fare
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Cloud 9 Confections
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Novel Sweets
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Jenn's Sugarlicious Bakery
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Sweet Lorraine's Bakery
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Maddy's Fatty's
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Splat! Cakes n Such
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Berry's Bakery
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Polka Dot Bake Shop
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Wow Factor Cakes
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Cupcrazed
• Charlotte Cupcakes - SAS Cupcakes
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Decadent Designs Bakery
• Charlotte Cupcakes - It's a Piece of Cake
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Black Velvet Patisserie
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Maggiemoos
• Charlotte Cupcakes: Kai's Kookies and More
• Charlotte Cupcakes: Two On Earth Bakery
• Charlotte Cupcakes: FuManChu Cupcakes
• Charlotte Cupcakes - The Bakery Shoppe
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Jewell Treats
• Charlotte Cupcakes - SweetCakes
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Just Baked Cupcakes
• Charlotte Cupcakes - La Bree's cupcakes
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Bake Me A Cake
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Tizzerts
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Suarez Bakery
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Cupcake Delirium
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Sunflour Bakery
• Charlotte Cupcakes – Kimberley’s Bakeshoppe Gourmet Cupcakes
• Charlotte Cupcakes - Nona's Sweets

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity (look-a-like) sightings - part 4

Another exciting edition of celebrity look-a-likes -- part 4 to be exact. On the left: Wes Scantlin On the right: Edge Edge was in the first two blogs about celebrity look-a-likes, so why not another time? Evidently I think this guy looks like just about everyone on Earth. I previously compared him to Jamie Campbell Bower and Wilson Bethel, but this time I think I got it right: he's the spitting image of Puddle of Mudd member Wes Scantlin! These days Edge doesn't have the shaggy hair , but when he was in his "Rated R Superstar" run in the WWE in 2006, he definitely could've passed for Scantlin. The big, square jaw and toothy grin? Yep -- they must be some kind of family. On the left: Kelly Kelly On the right: Amber Heard From a former WWE superstar to a former WWE Diva. When I heard that Johnny Depp got engaged to Amber Heard, I typed my way over to Google and found a photo. I was looking at Amber Heard, but could've sworn it was K...

Celebrity (look-a-like) sightings - part 3

Part 1 and Part 2 were good, but I think there's some definite look-a-likes this time around. I'll get right to the comparisons, but let me know what you think? Am I spot on or what? I saved the very best (and closest comparison) for last this time, so make sure to scroll to the bottom of the page. On the left: Edge On the right: Jamie Campbell Bower May as well start with a wrestling-related one. It seems those pro wrestlers have doppelgängers all over. I'd mentioned before that Wilson Bethel resembles Edge . I still stand by that statement. However, I think Jamie Campbell Bower looks even more like Edge. Jamie Bower, for those who are unaware like I was, is an actor who has quite an impressive resume already. I just watched The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (review to come later) and that's the first time I saw him...or so I thought. Jamie was in the final three Twilight movies, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Parts 1 and 2 , and t...

Celebrity (look-a-like) sightings

I was on vacation last week and for a change I thankfully (or maybe not?) had Netflix access. I was addicted to it for most of the last week, watching Greedy (not Michael Fox's best film), Pretty Ugly People (which got a deserving low score of 33% on Rotten Tomatoes ), and Hart of Dixie (a review of that show to come at a later date...). While watching Hart of Dixie I couldn't help but notice a couple of instances of celebrity look-a-likes. On the left: Jaime King On the right: Emma Stone First there’s Jaime King, who plays Lemon Breeland, a southern belle from a small town. For most of the first episode of the hour-long drama, I was convinced that Lemon Breeland was played by Emma Stone. If Emma hadn’t dyed her hair and played Gwen Stacy in The Amazing Spider-Man , I wouldn’t have given it a second though. After seeing Stone in her blonde hair, however, she really could be King’s sister. It's all in the dimples with these two. I think that's what m...